Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Hey You, Crazy Acong!

lovely saying by Emm Roy
in my hopelessness (so-called by my living diary),
there comes this guy. his uncommon greetings took my attention.
I responded him, casually, then the chat continued easily.

we talked quite much in the middle of the night.
after 1.5 hrs texting, he asked to call me to explain something.
I refused, I suggested him to call by tomorrow.
that was a mistake.
that was my very first time talking to a stranger, on the phone,
for more than 4 hours STRAIGHT.
crazy yet impressive.

I tend to feel discomfort to be called by anyone.
first, it took all of my concentration. once the talking begin
that means I can't do anything besides listening and responding.

second, somehow I feel I am extra alert when answering phones.
I don't have a lot of good experience on using telephone
because my mom tend to yell annoyingly to me when I'm on call
to make my friend stop the call.
(yeah, I used to call for hours, gossiping with my school friends).

third, my tendency to be a people-pleaser
makes it hard for me to end the call one-sided.
I will look for the right time to say
"okay, let's continue the talk tomorrow"
which only make the conversation going to no end.

interestingly, this guy managed to make me feel okay
to accept his call instantly.
there were so many INTERESTING things he said to me.
I found it hard to recall every little details
like I always do when I just know someone.
he has roller-coaster life, I've never imagined before.

as if one impression were not enough,
he surprised me with the craziest thing I've ever known,
he asked me to be his girlfriend at the end of the 3 hours talking.
his (I assumed as) impulsive proposal only lengthen the talk.
in between being flattered and shocked,
I try to think clearly "what's going on???".

trust me, it was not easy because
it was 1 AM and we were still talking on the phone.
I keep trying to figure out what was on his mind.
none of us under the influence of alcohol but everything
seems very spontaneous and in extremely fast pace.

after another couple hours talking,
I said yes to his impulsive offer.

actually, I've tried my best to ask for two days to think.
I know myself well, I need to think thoroughly
when I have to make any decision.
unfortunately, this guy was not that patient
to wait for me to think.
"it sounds as if we were teenagers who need time
just to answer a simple offering.
what does dating mean for you?"
his annoying remark triggered my mind.
yeah, well, nothing's wrong with give it a try.
I agreed his argument about dating is the time
to know more about each other,
but I have so much doubt in my mind.

the next day, I woke up very early,
I went back to sleep again, and the next thing I know,
I left my phone unintentionally.
I was busy playing card
with my brother and cousins through the day.
as I checked my phone after that, I found some texts from him.
his first line was, "pagi, pacar".
the other lines were he telling me consistently about
what he was doing and where he was.
I am touched yet I feeling guilty for neglecting his texts.

... the other things I know, my other two days were filled
with his never-ending calls. I am amazed how he is able to
make me stay listening to him for THAT LONG.

the call log from and to him.
9.45 hrs talking in 3 days
new record unlocked.
crazy.
as I wrote this, I can't recall how many times I said "crazy".
he is totally out of his mind.

things I noticed easily from him since his very first call:
  1. he is a deep person. able to gain new insights from life which derived from adversities.
  2. he is also practical. geez, deep and practical what a unique person.
  3. he is crazy at its finest. no other word can describe him better.
  4. he is having good sense of self and excellent self-determination.
  5. super confident, well, I call him Acong (anak congkak/haughty boy) instantly.
our significant trait, to compare with other profiles.
well, it's not reliable but give slight understanding though.
I found him attractive.
whatever he said, whatever he thought, whatever his belief,
everything seems like mesmerized me.
it keeps ringing in my head, "oh my, I can't agree more!".
I keep saying "how do you get such insight?".
I keep laughing during our talk over the phone.

the more he disclose himself,
the more I feel like I've met my kind of guy.
I do really wish this is more than just a false first-impression.

yeah, Acong, let's give it a try.

ps: he listened to me when I asked him not to call today.
I appreciate this kind of respect move, very much.